Special Announcement New KCBS Ancillary Category……….Sausage! at Cook-in Camargue Season II
We have added a new ancillary category. With diversity of the Contries we have competing at the Cook-in Camargue Season II, 2017 I thought it would be fun to add a simple category that everyone loves. The rules as stated by KCBS are clearly staed below.
Here are the rules as detailed by KCBS in 2016
- Scoring: The standard KCBS weighted scoring system will be used for Appearance, Taste and Tenderness/Texture:Appearance: .5600 (14.00% of total score)
Taste: 2.2972 (57.43% of total score) Tenderness/Texture: 1.1428 (28.57% of total score)
- Sausage is defined as any chopped, seasoned meat. Sausage may be cooked using alternative heat sources
- Sausage must bea/ 2.27 kilo, bulk, or links.
- The sausage sample can be a stew, gumbo, fried, barbecued, smoked, etc. provided it can serve 6 Judges.
- Meat can be removed from its casing if so desired for use in preparation.
- Containers will be distributed at the mandatory Cook’s Meeting (TBD).
- Entries must be presented to judges in these containers.
- Garnish is open and optional.
- All entries must be cooked on-site.